
Yesterday afternoon there was a scary thing that happened in my parents neighborhood. Many of you may have heard the story on the news. Jeffrey Cramer was shot and killed by Layton Police after firing a gun at them. It happened about 2:00 pm when Jeffrey called 911 saying that he had a gun and was going to shoot someone. The police got there and he came outside with the gun and after talking for a few minutes to the police telling them he was having trouble with his job, he shot the gun towards them. 2 police officers then opened fire on him killing him right away. Inside his home was his girlfriend and some children.
Although I do not know this neighbor of my family, I do know that he was someones son, brother and friend. Nobody knows the reasoning behind what he did, but either way, there are people that work up today to the worst day of their life having lost this man.
I know of quite a few people in my life that are going through the loss of a job, and layoffs. I just pray that they know that life should never get so bad that you put yourself into that position. I don't know if Jeffrey wanted to get shot, or if he was just so distraught that he felt there was no light at the end of his tunnel but whatever his reasoning, the outcome hurt many people.
I just hope that we all can keep Jeffrey Cramer's family and friends in our prayers as they face this devastating time in their lives.
I hope my family and friends know how much I love them and that I am here for them for whatever they may need. Times are getting tough and I am so thankful that my job and Jody's job are here for the time being.
Sometimes you just need to count your blessings...

No comments:
Post a Comment