This past weekend we were able to get together with my moms side of the family for the annual Yates family reunion. Uncle Henry and his family put everything together and everyone met up at the
Mantua campground. I drive through
Mantua frequently but never even knew that l
ittle campground was there. It was a darling place to stay. Saturday night we all gathered for the campfire sing along. That is what I look forward to most since that is a
guaranteed time when I can hear my dad sing and play his guitar. Our cousins Wade and
Joab played along also. Chad was not able to come up and we missed him a lot. Sunday morning we usually gather for a little "church" service where we can stand and bare our testimonies. This year my grandpa Yates would have been 100 years old. The aunts and uncles that were there got together and sang Silver Haired Daddy of Mine. It was really a sweet song and I know it brought a tear to many eyes.
It was so cute, when
Joab started playing his guitar, his little boy Grant started playing his "guitar" with his dad. One of Grants strings broke and
Joab was so cut with him. He told him "sometimes that happens to dad too, you just have to play without

that one." I just loved it!

Dad and Emi hanging out by the fire. Emi is such a daddy's girl.
We also got to spend come time getting to know Lindsey's fiance Ryan. He seems like such a nice guy and we are so happy for them!
Later that evening we went out to the Thorson's and had dinner with the fam. Jody's mom made chicken, mashed potatoes and cornbread. Yummy! And to top it off we had cheesecake! It is always fun to go spend time with Jody's family.
Monday was Jody's 25
th birthday. Monday night we had a few friends over for cake and ice cream. It was good to see everyone. Life gets to busy and we really don't get to see our friends as much as we would like. Thanks everybody for sharing in that happy day!


It was a busy weekend and
I'm sure we will have more to report on next weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:
Post a Comment