I thought while I had a little time at work I would post some of our weekend adventures from Island Park.
It all started off ok. I had the car packed and ready to go Thursday night so we could leave Friday morning. Well we were about an hour late leaving our house, but oh well right? Vacations are not supposed to be stressful. So we head out on the road and with our handy little directions, were off. We stop in Pocatello and eat at Jack in the Box (Jody's favorite). We let Frankie boy out to run around and go potty. We are off again! We stop in Blackfoot to get some fishing line and some fishing licenses. Hold moly those are expensive! Oh well... the price you pay for a fun weekend. We start again for the last stretch of highway to get there. We make it pretty darned close before we start to wonder where in the heck the campground is where everyone is at. I am driving at this point.
We have driven down this dirt road for what seems like FOREVER! The pot holes and washouts were all over, but I knew it was going to be like that so I kept going. All my dad said was to "look for them" when I got to a certain point. My dad was supposed to drive out and call me to let me know exactly where they were so that I would not get lost. My parents and aunt and uncles family all went up the day before. Well, my dad thought my mom had talked to me, and my mom thought my cousin had so long story short, NO ONE CALLED. Well I just drove through a couple camps and and didn't see them so I kept going. I apparently went to far because at this point I was driving through HUGE washouts that were like rivers and were MUD! Well I stopped at a point and knew I went to far. I had 1 bar on my cell so I called my cousin's phone, who I knew had minimal service. Well I had gone about a mile to far. So I turn around to go through the worse of the "river's" and what happens? I get STUCK!!! Yes, I got the car stuck in about 3 feet up mud. We could not get out of the car because the mud was to deep. I freak out, and call for my dad to come get us. They at first couldn't find us because they thought there was no way we could have gotten through all those mud holes. Well, after about a half hour of waiting and them looking for us, they finally found us. My brother gets out and walks around the car (in his high work boots) and says, "Holy cow! Your bumper is GONE!" Gone? What do you mean gone? Well apparently I ripped it off when we bottomed out in the puddle. I started freaking out. IT turned out to just be the black plastic part that clips on under the bumper. TOTALLY FIXABLE! Whew! Chad was able to pull us out and lead us to camp. We got there and realized, Ah oh! Where are our fishing licenses? AHHHH they must have dropped into the mud puddle when Jody got out to help the boys pull us out. SHEESH! This day was not turning out to be really great. We had our receipt, and the plastic cases that they go in, but no licence. Shoot!
After we set up camp, Jody and my uncle Kay, went back to the mud hole in his truck and started raking it. No luck. We didn't get stopped luckily. We didn't catch anything either.
After that, our trip was a blast! We got to get out on the lake in my friend Corey's boat and fish every day. Chad caught about 6 fish, my dad caught 3 and Emi, my lil 11 year old sister caught a 4 pound, 23 inch cut throat! She stole the show!
We had a fire, made smores, ate dutch oven, and just relaxed for a few days. It was a little chilly and rainy during the nights and it rained a tiny bit during the day one day, but over all it was perfect. I will post pictures tomorrow.
Thanks to Jody's mom and step dad, we had a fairly big tent, and an air mattress that sat up on a frame so we didn't have to sleep on the floor. The last night, it rained pretty hard and the floor of our tent was a little wet. We slept alright though.
My little Frankie did awesome. He ran and played and swam the whole trip. I never knew he liked to swim, but when my dad took us out on the boat the first evening, my puppy was sad and the second he was let off his leash, he was out swimming after the boat. Poor guy! He did have so much fun though. He was able to roam the woods and play with my moms dog Tucker. He rode on my lap the whole way home, and slept the whole 4 hours. When we got home, I bathed him and he went right to bed again.
Over all, it was such a fun trip, in the most beautiful place on earth (in my opinion). I am so glad we were able to make it. It was wonderful to spend Fathers Day with my dad, and spend the time with Jody.
I will post pictures as soon as I get them onto my computer.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Lacey! I'm bummed I missed such a fun eventful trip... My parents had a great evening with you guys. I would love to make the trek some time soon!
Post a Comment