The most recent in news, is that our dear friend Scott Robuck got into a terrible ATV accident. And me working in insurance, motorcycles absolutely TERRIFY me. I see the other end of all the "fun" people have on them. I see injuries and deaths. Anyways, Scott and his wife Krista and Krista's brother Wade and his wife Lisa and little girl Maggie all went to the sand dunes for a fun labor day weekend. Well Scott and Wade decided to go on a quick ride while the girls of the bunch prepared dinner. We're not 100% sure on exactly what happened but Scott got bucked off the 4 wheeler and we think it landed on him. He had to get life flighted to Idaho Falls (where they live) and was immediatly admitted. It turns out that he had 8 broken ribs (some broken more than once), both lungs were punctured, and a broken pelvis. OUCH!!! Well needless to say he is in rough shape, but were just so THANKFUL that he is still alive. He is still in ICU and is expected to get into a room at the hospital any day. What a trooper. Krista has been so strong. We love you Scotty and Krista and pray for you every day!
A couple weeks ago, our friend Kristy's little boy JT had to be flown to Primary Childrens Hospital because he started having a seisure in the bathtub and Logan Regional couldn't handle it. That was super scarry. That night I just couldn't sleep so I got out of bed and looked at my phone where Kristy had sent me a text telling me about the situation. I texted her until about 3 in the morning. They think it was a fever seisure. He seems to be totally fine and doesn't remember much except for the helicopter ride. That's always good when they don't remember anything except the "fun" stuff!
Over labor day weekend, I repainted our half bath and it turned out sooo CUTE! If you don't remember what I tried to do, look back a post or 2. I couldn't handle it being green so I went a more conservitive direction. It is a light blue/grey. So darling! My camera's battery is dead so you will have to stay tuned for pictures of the final product. I didn't do it alone. Jody was a great help. I know everyone thinks that their spouse is "THE BEST" but I am just going to say that mine is the BEST for me. I got half way done with the primer, and me and my 10 minute attention span, got sick of it. Side note.... Before I moved into our home, I was so excited to paint because it lookes so FUN... NOT!!! It is hard work and very time consuming. Anywyas, Jody stepped right in and finished priming and even put on the first coat of paint! He did a GREAT job and I am so GLAD I have him to help keep me on track. I love you babe!!! We waited for the first coat to dry then I went in and touched up and did another coat. Later in the weekend I finished decorating it and I am so happy with the final product. Pictures to come... On Saturday evening we decided to have a few people over for a BBQ, possible the last of the summer. My cousin, and hairdresser, Jena and her fiance Greg came over as well as Jody's friend from work Quincy and his cute wife Kellie and ADORABLE baby boy Radley. It was so fun to have new friends come over. We love our old friends but its always fun to broaden your circle. I totally forgot to take pictures of the evening. Darn me!!! Oh well. We spent the rest of the weekend cleaning and straitening up our place. There is NOTHING better than having a clean house and being able to relax in it. I put my new birthday bedding on our bed and although it didn;t look anything like picture online, its growing on me and I think I am starting to really like it. The comforter is so fluffy that it is getting harder and harder for me to get out of bed in the morning! Our kitties LOVE it too. They both sleep on it all day instead of the spare bedroom bed. Those little stinkers! I need to post pictures of our babies! I didn't even realize that we don't have any pictures of them on here. Anyways, enough with the rambling...
I would like to just say that I am SOOOO FLIPPING happy that the weather is cooling down. I love the fall and I am so excited for it to finally be here.
Last but not least, I want to give a SHOUT OUT to my PADRE!!! It is his birthday today and he is the best dad ever! WE LOVE YOU DAD!

1 comment:
Can't wait to see pics of your bathroom reveal-- your blog is so cute!
Your cuz Lauren O.
Post a Comment