Well everyone, I have jumped on the blogging band wagon and I think that it is about time. I read blogs pretty much everyday and its about time that I make one for Jody and I. Summer has just taken off for us. A recap of the main events so far:
April--- Jody and I were able to take a vacation to sunny San Diego California. Thanks Ron and Annette! We took 8 days off of work and a time out from our same ol same ol and flew to San Fran then into San Diego. This is one of Jody's favorite places to visit and I am ashamed to say this was my first time there. We started off visiting the zoo. That was so awesome! I have never been to such a huge zoo! Josy (the animal lover that he is) made sure we visited EVERY animal exhibit that was possible and I even learned a few facts along the way. We got to see a baby panda bear and the hippos! The hippo exhibit was pretty close to my favorite. It was all so fun! By the end of the day Jody's feet were cramping so bad because his flip flops had no arch support that he and I swapped shoes! It was so funny to see him in my crocs and me in his 3-size-to-big flip flops. Ha Ha.
We went to Sea World and got to go on the behind the scenes tour for the Sea Turtles and we even got to feed them, we got to pet a shark and see the baby seals. The penguin tour was not running when we went. (I'm sooo jealous of Ashlee!) We saw Shamu and some other shows there. It was a great day!
Josy's brother Jason was doing some contract work in San Diego the very same time that we were there! We got to go on a little tour of San Diego with him and went to dinner with him that night. Later in the week his wife Ariane came to visit him and so we got to share a little bonding time with them which was so fabulous! We hardly ever get to see them since they live in Nevada. That was a highlight!
We of course took a day for the beach and since luckily neither Jody or I are total sand lovers (and a little ADD) we spend a lot of that day at reptile stores (for Jody of course! Icky!!), eating lunch at Hodad's (the best burgers in all of the world), and shopping.
We went to Sea Port Village and hung out for a day. They had a lot of little shops and it was right on the water. It was so fun! I made Jody go back the last day so that we could get our portrait drawn by a vendor there. It turned out pretty good actually.
We went to Olde Town where there was a lot of history and cool museums about the first settling on San Diego (as well as some good Mexican food).
Then we were off back to Logan Utah! I think we were both ready to come home. It was a great vacation and we were so grateful that we got to take it.
May--- We were able to go to the Jazz Lakers game on Mothers Day and it was so intense! Jazz were up the whole game and in the last few minutes the Lakers caught up forcing them into overtime. The Jazz won but it was nerve racking and I am surprised that I had hair left after that!
Our friend Ashlee got her endowments out in the Salt Lake Temple. What a special day. I was so happy that we were able to be a part of it. We went to The Roof restaurant for the first time afterwards with her family and it was all around a fun time.
We were able to meet one of my BFF's boyfriend (unofficial fiance) Seth. He seems like a super nice guy. He better be good to Nessa! We went to lunch at a weird little restaurant in Salt Lake and then we went and played apple/orange golf at the park. Who knew that we could have so much fun golfing with apples! HaHa! It was a HOOT!
The main thing that we did though was help Daren and Ashlee get there new little house ready for them to move into. We spent hours scraping wallpaper off the walls, puttying cracks and holes, painting the walls and trim, and cleaning. It was a long process but it turned out BEAUTIFUL! We loved spending time with them.
June--- Now this has been a busy month! June 4th was a happy 3 years for Jody and I!!! I can't even believe it. It feels like we were married just last week but it also feels like we have known each other forever! We went and had a special dinner at the Olive Garden and then Josy headed to his buddy Daren's bachelor party. I was off to make a special surprise for those boys! It was a "special cake" and I will leave it at that. They did love it though!
Daren and Ashlee were Married on the 5th in the Logan Temple. It was magical! They had their luncheon catered by Costa Vida (Yum) and a reception in Hyrum. It had rained the whole week EXCEPT that day so the grass was a little soggy which was not a good combo fir heels! It was so funny to see all of the bridesmaids sinking right into the mud! It turned out to be a blast. Daren and Ash are such a cute couple. Their second reception was in Salt Lake in the backyard of possibly the most beautiful house I have ever seen! The owners were so stinking nice to us and let us take over the basement and just have a place to chill. They had a huge theatre and a game room full of pinball machines and Foosball table. It was a great time.
Fathers day was super fun. We went to my parents house in Layton Saturday night and went to see Indiana Jones. We spent the night and was able to spend a couple hours with my dad before we headed back to Logan and out to see Jody's step dad. We enjoyed a great dinner over there and had a wonderful weekend.
WOW that was a long post. Now that we are all caught up I think my blogs will be a little bit shorter. I look forward to giving all of you little glimpses into the adventures of our little family! Thanks for reading!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
woot! welcome aboard friends!
Lacey I saaw that you commented on Heidi's blog and I had to check yours out. How are you? I miss you and your fam.
Kamie Webb McMillan
mcmillan5.blogspot.com
Post a Comment