Three weeks ago tomorrow something happened that could have changed me forever. My dad had a heart attack. I know I am slow to post but life has been spinning very fast for my family. Heres the story:
My mom went to bed about 10:30 pm on Thursday June 9th. My dad, Chad, Emi and a family friend Cory were all up playing Jokers and Pegs. Dad said he was going to bed about 11 pm. When he went into his room, he complained about his lungs hurting. She was concerned so she had him take 2 Asprine. Like she was taught when she had her heart attack 10 years ago, she waited for 10 minutes and he still wasn't feeling relief and his arm was going numb so she gave him a Nitro tab and waited another 10 minutes. Still no relief for dad and he was getting increasingly sick. Cold sweats and dry heaves. My mom went out into the livingroom where Chad and Cory were leaving and asked them to stay because she was pretty sire dad was having a heart attack. Chad and Cory went and got my dad into the car and mom drove him to Ogden Regional Hospital. He went into the ER and the receptionist called the on-call doctors. They arrived at the hospital within 15 minutes and had my dad into surgery within a few more minutes. I got the phonecall from Chad at 1:30 am on Friday morning and was instantly freaked out. There is NOTHING worse that a call in the middle of the night. Chad told me what was happening and that dad was just going into surgery and it would be about an hour. Jody and I were dressed and ready to go in just a few minutes and I was histarical the whole drive. We arrived about an hour later. We waited in the waiting room for another 30 minutes or so until the doctor came in to talk to us. Dads rightcorinary artery was 100% blocked. He was minutes away from a MASSIVE heart attack. The doctor put in 3 stints and dad was feeeling 100% better after surgery and was moved to ICU for a couple days so they could watch him. I was so relieved when his recovery was moving so quickly. He was released on Sunday and was able to go home to relax. He is still trying to taake it easy with a new diet and excersize plan.
I am so thankful that he is feelign better. I am thankful that my mom knew exactly what was happening and rushed him into the ER. I am thankful that my brother was there and not out on the rig in North Dakota. I love my family so much and nothing would have been the same without my dad to share it with. What a testimony builder! Thank you to all of the friends and family that rallied around my parents durring this time. I am so grateful to have you all in my life!

2 comments:
Oh my goodness!
I had not heard this yet, how horribly scary for your family. But wow truly a miracle that your mom was so quick on her feet, that is an amazing story. I am so grateful all is well and your dad is on the mend. I can't imagine how awful that phone call must have been for you. Love to you all.....
I am so glad to hear your Dad is feeling and doing much better. I haven't stopped thinking about your family ever since we heard it happened!
Post a Comment