CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 4, 2010

5

I woke up this morning in complete shock. Today Jody and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary. You heard it right folks! I was able to catch the man of my dreams, and managed to keep him around for 5 years now. I thought I would share how we met as a little fun tid bit. Many of you know, but I'll tell yall again. And yes, there is some sap...

October 2004: I got a job at Convergys (yep... I don't like the place, but it will always hold a special place in my heart)and my training class was in the early mornings 5 days a week. I was a little nervous because I didn't know anyone and I usually get uncomfortable in those kind of situations. So what do I do? start talking to the 2nd person who shows up, make friends with him and so I don't have to feel acquard just naturally sitting by him. WRONG folks, this boy was not Jody. ha ha. I was the first person there because naturally I HATE being late for important things like a new job. The 2nd person to arrive was a boy named DJ. He was a nice guy. Not my type though. So we went into class and sat together. We were just kind of class buddies. The room started filling up and Jody was amongst the class. I noticed him from afar. But on his finger was a silver band. It was his right ring finger to be exact. It looked just like a wedding ring. So I just figured he was taken. Ya it was the wrong hand, but I didn't pay attention to that. I shrugged it off.

We played a little get to know you game called Psychiatrist. I was really fun. We played that came quite a bit throughout our training class. (That should have been a hint as to what kind of job we were starting. he he) About the 3rd or so day, I met Jody. We ended up sitting together during one of the many games of Psychiatrist. We started talking and that was it. We talked NON STOP for the entire class. We moved seats so we could be next to each other. Class ended and he would walk me to my car. We would bit farewell and I would watch him drive away in his sporty white Sunfire. Sad to know that the day was over and I would have to wait until the next day to talk to him.

I asked him about the ring and he said he made it in jewelry class in high school. Whew! He was not married! He then asked me if I was dating DJ. Huh? He said that since we talked a lot on the first day of class, he thought we were together. NOPE! I was AVAILABLE!!! So... I waited and waited for him to ask me out. Finally during class one day I turn to him and say "man this new pay schedule is killing me. I am going to have to rely on dates to eat dinner. So when do you want to take me out?" Yes people. I did it! I pressured him to ask me out. After what I had just said sank in, it was "open mouth---Insert foot!" I was mildly embarrassed. So after class, Jody walked me to my car, and then said a little nervously "so, about dinner, do you want to go out sometime?" After apologizing about what a fool I made of myself inside, I accepted. It was set up for October 30, 2004.

We went to see the movie "The Grudge", held hands, and went to dinner. It was magical. Jody seemed so nervous about walking to my door. It could have been that he had been home from his mission only a few months and was still not used to being around girls. I asked to a hug, the hug was one armed and a pat on the back. So acquard.

I was smitten from that point on. I was so sad when he didn't call me to hang out with me on Halloween. I pretty much moped all day. After that, we went out a few more times during our training and were inseparable after that.

We were engaged 1 1/2 months later, on December 13, 2004. We were married June 4, 2005. It was fast, and completely out of my character to move that fast, but why wait when you know it's right.


I never thought I would find someone that I would love for all my life. I did. Jody is my soul mate, my better half, my best friend. I would do anything to make him smile. The last 5 years have been bliss, a couple of speed bumps, but in all, more than I could have ever hoped for. Thank you Jody for making me the happiest wife. I love you forever +1!

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

What a sweet post. I just love cute stories of how people met and fell in love. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and relive a few special moments like that. Happy Anniversary, hope you have a wonderful day!

Roxy said...

So sweet! It was a blast to run into you guys tonight! You both look great! Happy belated anniversary!

The Daleys said...

Congrats you guys, that is so awesome! I forgot that you guys met at Convergys, just like Josh and I did. It was such a hole, but I can't completely hate it :)